General terms and conditions For Bikepackers
- For Bikepackers
- Address: Gérard Willemotlaan 104 C, 9030 Gent, België
- Mail address: info [at] Bikerouting.com
- Company no.: 0764.435.323
- VAT BE 0764.435.323
Article 1: General provisions
The e-commerce websites of For Bikepackers, a one-man business as a complementary activity with its registered office at Gérard Willemotlaan 104 C 9030 Ghent, VAT BE 0764.435.323, offers its customers the opportunity to purchase the products and subscription packages on its e-commerce services platform online at the websites www.bikerouting.com and www.fietsrouting.be. The two websites are identical, differing only in language. The Customer can use both websites.
The present General Terms and Conditions ('Conditions') apply to any order placed by a visitor to these e-commerce websites ('Customer'). The creation of an account (see Article 4) is considered an order, even if it is free of charge. When placing an order via the For Bikepackers service platform, the Customer must expressly accept these Terms and Conditions, thereby agreeing to the applicability of these Terms and Conditions to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions. Any additional conditions of the Customer are excluded unless they have been previously accepted by For Bikepackers in writing and expressly.
For Bikepackers undertakes to always append the General Terms and Conditions to the proof of purchase for 'premium accounts'.
In the event of a breach of any of these general conditions, For Bikepackers is authorised to exclude the Customer from using the websites and to take the necessary actions to this end.
You may only upload files to our websites for adaptation within our routeplanner if you hold all rights and permissions to do so. You therefore agree not to upload files on the websites in any way that damages the rights of third parties. For Bikepackers cannot be held responsible for infringements.
The Customer will not share any content of the websites with third parties for commercial purposes, such as images, text, routes, files, information, advertisements, links, logos, unless you have received explicit permission from For Bikepackers.
When using all For Bikepackers services, the Customer agrees not to do the following:
- Violate any applicable law or regulation
- Publish or distribute information without having the rights to do so or which infringe on intellectual property rights, copyrights or privacy rights.
- Publish or distribute information that is or may be false, fraudulent, unreliable or harmful
- Use or share information about and from others for personal, commercial, business or publicity purposes that violates the privacy of those others, such as usernames, passwords, email addresses, ...
- Reproduce information, pages, tools, code, software, and other parts of the websites or the whole in other media, both off- and online, without the permission of For Bikepackers
- Access the websites in an unauthorised manner
- Removing or blocking advertisements or other information from and on the websites.
All content on the websites, the underlying software, and all affiliated materials are copyrighted by For Bikepackers. For Bikepackers reserves all rights not expressly granted.
Article 2: Prices
All prices stated are in EURO and always include VAT and all other duties or taxes that the Customer is obliged to pay.
If delivery, reservation or administrative costs are charged, this will be stated separately.
The price stated relates exclusively to the articles as described verbatim.
The price of the offer is posted on the website.
Article 3: Offer of products
The data shown on the route planner are taken from external databases and are therefore not under the control of For Bikepackers. Consequently, any errors that may exist in external databases are not binding on For Bikepackers.
Despite the fact that the online catalog and the e-commerce websites are compiled with the greatest possible care, it is possible that the information provided may be incomplete, contain material errors, or not be up to date. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer do not bind For Bikepackers. As far as the correctness and completeness of the information offered are concerned, For Bikepackers is only bound to a best efforts obligation. For Bikepackers is in no way liable for obvious material errors, typographical errors or misprints.
The For Bikepackers offer has different levels of access for the Customer:
- Free basic services without the creation of a personal 'free account' by the Customer
- Some more advanced services by the creation of a 'free account', such as among others the storage, loading, editing of a limited number of routes.
- Additional paid services by creating or upgrading a 'free account' to a 'premium account'.
The details of these services are posted on the websites.
Article 4: Online purchases
The For Bikepackers websites offer some basic free services that do not require the Customer to create a personal account.
In order to use the more advanced For Bikepackers services, customers are required to create a personal account. If you also wish to use some additional services you will have to purchase a subscription for either 6 months or 12 months via your personal account. This is called the 'premium account' and can be purchased via your personal account. The payment is arranged through the online payment platform 'Mollie'. The payment options here are: Bancontact, KBC/CBC payment button, Belfius Pay Button, PayPal, iDEAL and SOFORT Banking. It is not possible to pay in cash.
For Bikepackers has the right to refuse an order following a serious shortcoming on the part of the Customer with regard to orders involving the Customer.
To use the more advanced services of For Bikepackers the Customer must register with a user name and password. This is also required for a 'premium account'. You may not share these with third parties. This registration serves to log into your personal account. This account may only be used by yourself and may not be shared with others.
The ordering procedure of a premium account contains the following steps:
- The Customer must first create an account by entering his first and last name, email address, password and nationality.
- The Customer can then choose a 'free account', 'premium account for 6 months' or 'premium account for 1 year'.
- The Customer is then redirected to the payment website of our partner 'Mollie', where the payment process starts.
- The Customer chooses his or her chosen payment method and follows the various steps
- After the payment is accepted, the Customer is redirected back to our website and profile page. Here the payment is listed with date and time, whether the payment was successful, the amount paid, the payment number (which also becomes your customer number) and the payment method. From this moment the Customer has access to the more advanced services of For Bikepackers and has entered into the contract.
- The Customer will also receive an email with the invoice.
If the payment is unsuccessful, expired or cancelled, a line of unsuccessful payment will be displayed. A link is also shown, where the payment can be continued.
When renewing a 'premium account' the above procedure is repeated.
The benefits with a 'premium account' are displayed on the purchase page:
- A free account can use all services except those reserved for the 'premium account'. The Customer with a free account can only save a limited number of routes as stated on the website and does not have access to all the functions.
- The 'premium account' can use all existing services and save unlimited routes, both one day and multi-day routes. There is also no advertising.
Article 5: Delivery and performance of the contract
Once your payment has been confirmed by the banking authority at For Bikepackers, the Customer will receive a confirmation email. From this moment on the Customer has access to the products purchased and to the subscription packages on the For Bikepackers e-commerce service platform.
This acknowledgement of receipt serves as the starting point of the contract between For Bikepackers and the Customer, and thus of the purchased subscription. The date of the starting moment is the starting day. The date, 6 or 12 months later, depending on the product and subscription chosen, is the expiration date.
The contract between For Bikepackers and the Customer ends, depending on the formula purchased (6 or 12 months), on 6 or 12 months after the starting date. From this point onwards the Customer will be denied access to the products and subscription packages purchased.
At the latest 15 days before the expiration date of the products and subscriptions purchased on the For Bikepackers service platform, For Bikepackers will send a reminder e-mail to the effect that these products and subscriptions will end after 15 days. An option is then offered to renew these products and subscription plans for 6 or 12 months. When renewing, the new start time is set to the same hour of the expiration date. The expiration date then becomes the new start date.
Any error, bug, problem, etc. with the purchased products and subscriptions must be reported by the Customer to the For Bikepackers general email address without delay.
Article 6: Right of withdrawal
The Customer may not exercise the right of withdrawal for the supply of digital content that is not supplied on a tangible medium if the purchase has begun with the Customer's express prior consent and provided that the Customer has acknowledged that he thereby loses his right of withdrawal.
By subscribing to the General Terms and Conditions, the Customer gives his consent to the immediate execution of the contract and acknowledges the loss of his right to withdraw from the contract once the downloading of digital content has begun.
Article 7: Customer service
The For Bikepackers customer service may be contacted on the following number +32 494 85 95 54 (be sure to leave a voicemail), by email at info [at] bikerouting.be or by post at the following address Gérard Willemotlaan 104 box C, 9030 Mariakerke. Any complaints may be addressed to this address
Article 8: Penalties for non-payment
Without prejudice to the exercise of any other rights available to For Bikepackers, in the event of non-payment or late payment, the Customer will be liable, as of the date of the non-payment, by operation of law and without a reminder, to interest on the unpaid amount at the rate of 10% per year. In addition, the Customer shall be liable, automatically and without warning, to a fixed indemnity of 10% of the amount in question, with a minimum of €25 per invoice.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, For Bikepackers reserves the right to take back the subscription and/or products that have not been paid for (in full).
Article 9: Privacy
The responsible for data processing at For Bikepackers respects the General Data Protection Regulation and the Belgian Privacy Act of 30 July 2018.
On your first visit to our websites, you will be asked to accept our cookies. You can subsequently manage your choices yourself at any time.
You can set your Internet browser so that cookies are not accepted, that you receive a warning when a cookie is installed or that the cookies are subsequently removed from your hard disk. You can do this through your browser settings (via the help function). Please note that certain graphic elements may not appear correctly or that you may not be able to use certain applications. https://www.bikerouting.com/privacyandcookies
Article 11: Invalidity - non-waivers
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is declared invalid, unlawful or void, this will not affect in any way the validity, legality and applicability of the other provisions.
The failure at any time by For Bikepackers to enforce any of the rights enumerated in these Conditions, or to exercise any of them, will never be regarded as a waiver of any of the rights enumerated in these Conditions.
Article 12: Amendments to the Terms and Conditions
Article 13: Applicable law - Disputes
Belgian law shall apply, with the exception of the provisions of international private law concerning applicable law. Any disputes can only be settled under the jurisdiction of the Belgian courts.
The courts of the Consumer's place of residence are competent in case of legal disputes. The Consumer may also turn to the ODR platform (http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/).